Process Communication Modell®
Previously as managers and today as coaches we’ve experienced different assessments, from MBTI through Insights to Eneagramm… and with all of them we’ve faced the drawback of receiving an assessment based on characteristics, which didn’t help us deal behaviorally with the client or to help them develop along specific guidelines.
While you may get a sudden “Aha!” experience reading such a report for the first time, beyond the feeling that “Yes, this is quite like me” it offers little to improve your everyday functioning as, for example, a manager, or to help you recognize other character types and adjust your behavior or communication style to them. Hence there is ultimately little or no behavioral change.
Process Communication® is different because:
- It is based on observable behavioral assessments;
- It is a developmental model as it shows you clearly where your behavior came from and what to do to change it;
- Gives you a clear, applicable guideline on how to communicate with somebody based on the assessment;
- Through describing a predictable, observable, and reversible behavioral pattern in stress provides insight into understanding and managing relational difficulties.
- PCM® is a system with an easy-to-understand logic and is simple to apply immediately.
What is Process Communication?
The Process Communication Model® (PCM®) provides a validated method for identifying and understanding personality structures, related positive & negative behaviors and communication dynamics.
Resulting from psychological research conducted in the 1970s by Dr. Taibi Kahler Ph.D in partnership with NASA, Process Communication® was developed in the United States in 1982. Introduced in Europe in 1987, this model enables the development of self-knowledge, knowledge of others and helps optimize relationship management.
The basic principles of Process Communication are:
- Each of us has a personality structure made up of six main personality types, which influences our communication, our behavior and our stress management. No type is more or less acceptable than another. Each has strengths and weaknesses.
- Without stress we are able to act and communicate like any personality type and can easily shift between them. While under stress we show a predictable behavior pattern that is characteristic of our specific personality type.
- To communicate effectively with others you have to adapt your communication style to theirs. How we say things is much more important than what we say.
Your Personality Profile
People who wish to use the Process Communication Model® are asked to fill out an online questionnaire which, once processed, will enable them to discover their personality structure.
Your Personality Profile – a personalized document of about 40 pages – gives you accurate, non-judgmental, objective feedback regarding your Personality Type, including Your:
- Personality strengths
- Perception (how you view the world and others)
- Preferred communication styles
- Preferred working styles
- Preferred management styles for managing or being managed
- Psychological needs and motivation
- Warning signs of stress and typical stress behaviors
- Action plans to reduce stress
Benefits of PCM®
As an individual (manager / leader / sales rep. etc.) you will learn:
- in which order you’ve built up your personality types, where you’ve built up the most energy / competency, so which ones you will use most;
- what management and communication style you use and prefer;
- what behaviors you show when you get under stress and
- what you can do to relieve stress or avoid stress in the first place.
As a manager, PCM® helps you to gain confidence by establishing win/win relationships with your subordinates and by getting clear behavioral information on the strengths of the team members, knowing how to communicate to them, how to motivate them and reinforce positive behaviors while respecting each individual.
With the PCM Team Profile members of a team can better understand the team’s strengths and weaknesses, manage conflicts and find ways for more effective collaboration.
Our solutions with PCM®
PCM® Personal effectiveness – Basic
PCM® Personal effectiveness – Advanced
PCM® Effective Communication & Conflict management
PCM® Managerial effectiveness / People Mgmt
PCM® Sales effectiveness
PCM® Team effectiveness
Individual & team coaching with PCM®