Sales Effectiveness Development
Clients often ask us:
- We invest heavily in training our sales people, why isn’t there any change in their behaviour and results?
- Why don’t sales people take responsibility for their targets?
- How come our sales people drive big cars, have fat pay checks and still seem demotivated?
- How do I achieve a sustainable improvement in my employees’ sales and service performance?
- How can I measure the results of my investment against sales and customer service targets?
- How can I get my employees to be consistent when dealing with customers?
- How do I find a performance coaching programme that is customised to my business?
ProCoach™ – Our approach
Procoach™ is a world-class, trademarked and accredited performance coaching program delivered not only in the training room, but directly to people in the workplace.
Since 2006 our company represents Prosell – a UK based International Performance Improvement Specialist company with over 20 years experience in its field – in Eastern Europe and offers the ProCoach™ program to clients to improve their sales or client service performance in a measurable and efficient way.
Procoach™ focuses on developing managers, supervisors and team leaders. Procoach™ embeds consistent behaviours in the people that independent research has shown have the greatest impact on your business performance – your front-line management team.
What ProCoach™ achieves
Procoach™ helps managers (sales managers, front-line supervisors, team leaders, managers, etc.) dramatically improve the consistency of their teams’ sales and/or customer-service performance. This is achieved by managers learning to deploy the performance coaching techniques developed by Prosell during twenty years of working with global blue-chip clients.
The Procoach system is able to produce measurable results in Key Performance Indicators and behaviours of sales/customer care people which impact heavily on sales results and customer service levels.
How ProCoach™ works
The Hardware and the Software of Performance
In our experience many sales directors and CEOs believe that sales is about numbers and its enough to set tough goals and manage people with a strong hand. If this is coupled with a good commission system, the right processes and people the results are ensured.
However the above represent only one side of the coin, the “hardware side”. But there is also a “software side” which is about people’s beliefs, values, attitude and a clear awareness of what is expected of them and what they need to do to get there. In many organizations where most of these elements are in place, sales people still don’t identify with the company, “own their targets” and are not willing to go the extra mile. Focusing on the “software side” many companies send their sales people to sales training and their managers to sales leadership trainings regularly. All this costs a lot and has little impact. The solution is in going back to the BASICS. It is about clarifying what you expect from your people. It is defining what „Good” means in terms of sales performance and sales management.
Step 1. Clear Sales Standards: The What and the How
We need a clear sales process and standards on which all managers in the organizations consistently agree. When defining standards it is important to define not only the “what” (what has to be done on an activity level), but also the “how” (in what quality it has to be done). You can do 10 visits a day but what happens in those visits and in what quality will determine the results at the end of the day.
ProCoach helps you to define the companies’ own sales process and the competencies (your Sales Best Practice) necessary to perform up to the expected standard.
Step 2. Coaching skills for sales managers
After having clarified the expected standards, ProCoach managers will learn how to coach their people and empower them do work in a way that maintains their motivation and enthusiasm. This way managers become internal coaches and champions of the training and will be key in driving change started by the training program. This becomes the guarantee that the program can bring measurable quantitative and qualitative results.
Becoming an accredited Procoach™ is not easy. Employees who successfully complete the programme will have passed a rigorous assessment by our team.
Step 3. Skills development based on agreed standards
Finally the sales / customer service staff will be trained to deliver the expected results; the trainings will build on the agreed standard sales / service process and develop the competencies needed to deliver the KPIs. As a follow up to the training the managers will support the staff via their newly acquired coaching skills to maintain and further drive performance improvement.
Step 4. Measuring and documenting the results.
We measure and track the results of the programme based on goals and measurable Key Performance Indicators as defined together with the client in the first step.
Who uses ProCoach™?
Many of the world’s best known companies use Procoach™ – visit our case studies to find out more.
Some of our references:
British Telecom, IBM, T-mobile, Vodafone, GE Money, ING, Microsoft, Kraft, Monsanto Hungary / Ukraine / Romania / Turkey.
- Coach-the-Coach programs for sales directors and internal coaches
- Train-the-trainer for internal sales trainers
Sales Effectiveness Diagnosis
- Sales audit: effectivness audit of sales department, preparation of diagnosis and development proposal
- Assessment Center / Development Center: setting up of effective sales team
Strategy and “Best Practice” development
- Creation of the vision of the sales department
- Development of sales strategy, its breaking down to goals
- Setting up of sales standards and processes
Development of leadership skills and leadership effectiveness
- Basic leadership skills: performance-management and coaching
- “Leadership” training for sales leaders
- Sales Management Training for Regional Managers
- Leadership Coaching – individual development
Development of sales team
- Sales skills development trainings (from beginner’s level to advanced level)
- Personal effectiveness for salesmen
- Key Account Manager development
- Negotiation technics 1. Basic knowledge; 2. Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Sales Coaching – individual development or training follow-up
Other skills development trainings:
- SSC communications training (specifically designed for the SSC environments)
- Customized customer care training
- Consultative sales
- Active sales (cold call)
Advantage Group is the CEE representative of Prosell in the following countries:
Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland Romania, Ukraine, Turkey
Want to know more?
Visit Prosell website at www.prosell.com